Friday, February 24, 2017

Walmart Windmill & Wreath




Walmart...oh Walmart...not a favorite place of mine BUT they do have some steals every now and then. This windmill sucked me in!! Another amazing Instagramer posted about changing the windmill up a bit to make it more rustic and I feel in love! It wasn't as big as I had thought but it ended up fitting PERFECTLY on my chalkboard! 
I also made a small wreath to place in the middle of the windmill, this just dresses it up a bit and gives it some character :)

Supplies for Windmill-
Windmill from Walmart $9.95
Copper acrylic paint (hobby lobby but I think they have this at Walmart)
paint brush (see picture)

Supplies for wreath-
small stick wreath (hobby lobby)
greenery (hobby lobby)
string if needed



Directions-
Take your paint and do a stippling motion on the sides of the windmill. I dabbed the extra paint off on a napkin before I started on the windmill that way it wasn't overly copper and obvious. You want this to be random, not too uniform and definitely not perfect!!
I just did one blade at a time, stopping every so often and standing back to make sure I wasn't doing the same thing to each blade.
As it dried I went over it with another clean paint brush just to get any excess off





For the wreath-
Start by cutting your greenery into long strips. I then just stuck an end into the sticks and curved it around then stuck the end in. I did this all the way around..I didn't use any string to hold the greenery on there but it may be easier if you do.





I hope you enjoy this tutorial!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment