Thursday, February 16, 2017

Mason Jar Tutorial


Mason jars are such an inexpensive way to decorate and there is so many things you can do with them! I needed something for a centerpiece on my mantle so I went to Hobby Lobby in hopes of some inspiration. I'm so happy with how these turned out, fits my farmhouse style but could also be used in any home decor style.

Shopping list-
3 large mason jars
off white acrylic paint
thick rope trim (its with the ribbon at hobby lobby)
flowers of your choice ( the flowers I got came in a big bundle, $24.99 but they were 50% off this week)
Any other accent floral (I got some easter looking floral accents, also on sale)
sandpaper
paintbrush


Directions-
1. Paint your mason jars, I did two coats of regular acrylic paint. You could use chalk paint but its more expensive and they are just sitting on my mantle so the paint doesn't need to be durable.
2. Once dry completely, get your sandpaper and rough it up! I just went over the writing and did a few places on the front to give it that worn look.
3.Next I wrapped my trim around the top twice and tied a knot.
4.Then I cut my flowers and Easter accents up and stick them in the way I wanted them
5. ENJOY! :)

I hope your able to make these yourself and enjoy like I am! Please comment below with any questions and don't forget to follow me on Instagram @thewindinghollow 

-XOXO Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment