Wednesday, March 29, 2017

DIY Farmhouse Tray




LOVING this DIY! I've seen these cute farmhouse trays circulating Instagram and wanted to find a way I could make it myself. I headed to hobby lobby and found some cute legs for my tray but they were small and kind of thin, if that makes sense :)  I decided to look around at other stores so I headed to Lowes. That's where I found what turned out to be PERFECT legs for my tray! This was probably the easiest DIY I have done!!






Here's what you'll need:
(2) bags of large craft finials (I found these by the corbels they sell there)
1 piece of wood, any size and thickness will do
stain of your choice
wood glue




Directions-
I distressed my wood a little...well my son did haha I let him take a small hammer and beat it up :)
The craft finials will have a screw coming out of the bottom, I just used some pliers and unscrewed it. It came out super easy.
Once you've done that you'll put some wood glue on the bottom of your finials and put them on all four corners of your wood. Let this dry for awhile, I did over night just to make sure it was secure.
(You'll notice we haven't stained yet...its SO much easier to stain your finials when they are glued to your wood then when they aren't...trust me ;))
Last step is to stain your wood! I, again let my littles do this because I didn't want it to be "perfect".


This is such an easy but cute little tray! I love mine and I hope you do too!
Enjoy Friends!


2 comments:

  1. Carolyn! I absolutely love this tray. It is adorable. You have inspired me to want to make one of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this and definitely going to try it out 😍😍

    ReplyDelete