Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Elf on the Shelf door DIY


 My kids LOVE when our elves come and visit on December 1st. Every year I try to have them bring something different, this year is this cute Elf door! I have seen these circulating Pinterest so I headed to my favorite store, Hobby Lobby to see what I could find! I was able to get everything I need just from there! 
Here's a shopping list:
-Miniature door ($10.99 but I used the 40% off coupon)
-Miniature door knob (this comes with 2 door knobs and 2 keys $3.99)
-Wreath or thin garland to make a wreath out of (see picture)
-ribbon of your choice for bow 
-snow flocking spray (optional)
-Mini Christmas tree lights
-1 Popsicle stick (for elf entry sign)
-white acrylic paint
 -red acrylic paint
-hot glue gun
-a piece of black felt or paper

  How to make-
First, I painted! The trim white and the door red.
While that was drying a I made my wreath. I used this garland pictured below, made it into a circle and went around a few times to make it look a little fuller. I really like the "flocked" look this year so I had some snow spray on hand that I used to give it that winter look!
I then made the elf entry sign by painting the Popsicle stick white and writing on it with a sharpie.
Now the paint is dry we put everything together! I hot glued the same garland around the edge of the door and added lights on top. 
I then hot glued the bow to the wreath and the wreath to the door.
I hot glued a piece of black felt to the back of the window so it looked like it was a door leading to somewhere ;)
Finish by adding your Elf Entry sign, hot glue on your door knob and your done!

How easy is that?! It took me about 1 hour, waiting for everything to dry was the longest part. 
To attach to the wall I used the sticky strips that come with the command hooks. 





I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and make your own little door!

 XOXO- Carolyn


No comments:

Post a Comment